Development Intern 2018
The Development Intern will gain insight in the daily operations of the Development Department. The
intern will be providing assistance to the Development Team in their work with current and prospective
database entry and membership support.
Through this internship opportunity, the intern will gain experience in the following operations:
- Enhance donor relations accuracy through data entry, maintenance, and fulfillment process.
- Member retention through assembling membership packets and responding to member
- Other projects as assigned may include conducting mailings, and additional related
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Operations and Development Assistant, the Development Intern will be responsible for contributing to internal/external fundraising efforts through:
- Maintaining database, and donor files and processes.
- Assist with membership fulfillment process and member requests.
- Additional assistance in development initiatives as required by the Director of Development Operations.
The position is available to college and graduate students or post-graduates. Specific work experience or
credentials are not required, but a commitment to the work of a development office is necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Able to handle confidential material with discretion
- Experience working with numbers and data entry with strong attention to detail