The Development Intern will gain insight in the daily operations of the Development Department. The intern will be providing assistance to the Development Team in their work with current and prospective donors, database entry, and membership support.
Through this internship opportunity, the intern will gain experience in the following operations:
- Perform donor analysis, identification of new donor leads, conducting research to qualify potential giving.
- Enhance donor records through data entry and maintenance.
- Other projects as assigned may include conducting mailings, and additional related administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Operations and Development Assistant, the Development Intern will be responsible for contributing to internal/external fundraising efforts through:
- Aiding in promotional efforts for events and day of execution.
- Maintaining database, and donor files and processes.
- Research potential individual and corporate donors.
- Additional assistance in development initiatives as required by the Director of Development Operations.
The position is available to college and graduate students or post-graduates. Specific work experience or credentials are not required, but a commitment to the work of a development office is necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Able to handle confidential material with discretion
- High attention to detail