Annual Giving Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000
Reports to: Development Director
Note: this position is expected to start remotely pending changes in San Diego County COVID-19 regulations
The Museum of Photographic Arts is seeking an experienced Annual Giving Manager. Part of the Development Department, this position will play a critical role in planning and implementing a comprehensive annual fund and membership program. The Annual Giving Manager will focus on strategically expanding MOPA’s annual giving and membership program with a goal of significantly increasing the base of gifts.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage direct mail and e-mail solicitation strategies, monthly giving programs, and annual and monthly memberships.
- Strategically expand the annual giving program with a goal of significantly increasing the base of annual gifts.
- Redesign and restructure MOPA Membership Program, encompassing it into the overall annual giving program.
- Achieve annual giving goals by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors for gifts up to $2,500.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with individual donors, volunteers, and community stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to establish benchmarks and regular reporting processes to measure results of all annual fund activities.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications to develop and manage consistent messaging to prospects, donors, and members.
- Work collaboratively with program and education staff to determine membership benefits and collect information for fundraising campaigns.
- Produce a monthly membership email newsletter.
- Work closely with the events department to help plan and implement special fundraising events.
- Work with the Database Coordinator to develop targeted mailing lists for campaigns and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with a demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful annual fundraising or membership strategies
- Well-versed in direct mail and e-mail solicitation best practices and implementation.
- Experience with museums or other membership programs a plus.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences, including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners, and all constituencies.
- Strong organizational, administrative, telephone, and communications skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office, GSuite & DonorPerfect, or similar donor database.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and handle sensitive information with confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Weekends, some evenings and travel may be required for special events.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty and employee is expected to perform. MOPA is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible (IDEA) workplace. As an organization, we seek to carry out hiring practices that meet these standards. (EOE/AA)
|X Sitting||X Grasping|
|X Walking(periods of 3 hours at a time||X Traveling|
|X Bending/stooping||X Kneeling|
|X Reaching outward||X Pushing/pulling|
|X Squatting/crouching||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|X Manual dexterity||Max amount 60 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Crawling||X Lifting|
|X Balancing||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|X Standing||Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Driving||X Carrying|
|☐ Climbing||Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)|
|X Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)|
Please e-mail resume along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet this position’s qualifications: Director of Development, email@example.com and reference “Annual Giving Manager ” in the subject line. Please no telephone calls. No Recruiters. Incomplete applications will not be considered.