Camp Lead (Temporary/Seasonal)
Status: Full-time or part-time, non-exempt, temporary/seasonal
Salary: $14-$16 per hour, based on experience
Reports to: Youth Programs Manager
This position is part of the Education Department.
Primary responsibilities for spring camp and summer camp include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging all campers in activities, both in the classroom and throughout the Museum and park outside of instructional time led by Teaching Artist.
- Fostering a positive camp experience for the students and working to ensure the safety of the capers and any MOPA property.
- Providing a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment for all campers with all levels of ability.
- Overseeing camp check-in and check-out.
- Responsible for knowing the whereabouts of every camper at all times of the camp day.
- Providing information to the teaching artist about each child and helping to develop personal communication and instructional strategies.
- Working in concert with teaching artists to communicate project directions to campers and facilitating camper progress during instructional time.
- Assisting teaching artists as needed with supplies, set up and cleanup of classroom and other related duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing.
- Must work well with children ages 6 –18.
- Experience working with children in an educational field preferred.
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certified preferred (training will be available, date and time TBD)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge and experience in photography, filmmaking or related field preferred.
- Our spring camp runs from March 25-29. Our summer camp program runs from June 17- August 16. We ask that applicants commit to 5 or more weeks of camp, and are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Weekly schedules may vary from 0 to 40 hours. There is no guarantee of minimum hours.
- A fingerprint screening through LiveScan and a background check are required. Employment is subject to results and an offer will not be issued prior to completion. The Museum will reimburse LiveScan fees upon notification of clearance.
Sitting Grasping Walking Traveling Bending/stooping Kneeling Reaching outward Pushing/pulling Squatting/crouching Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate) Manual dexterity Max amount 60 lbs (estimate) Crawling Lifting Balancing Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate) Standing Max amount 40 lbs (estimate) Driving Carrying Climbing Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate) Reaching Above Shoulder Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)
Please submit your resume and three references, along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position. Email to email@example.com and reference “Camp Lead Position” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
MOPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.