Status: Part-time hourly
Salary: $15-17 per hour based on experience, 10-12 hours per week
Reports to: Manager of Collections and Exhibitions
This position is part of the Department of Visual Learning. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain library collection, catalog and technology systems through MOPA’s online catalog.
- Be available to assist visitors during scheduled library hours.
- Schedule visits with researchers and provide reference and research assistance.
- Coordinate with the Visitor Engagement team to schedule school visits. Prepare materials and lead tours for the library portion of group visits.
- Provide reference and research assistance to museum staff and track internal circulation of materials.
- Maintain guidelines for library collection development and library policies/procedures
- Create library research guides. Assist with the selection, organization, and presentation of library materials for exhibitions and other activities.
- Maintenance of MOPA’s archive materials
- Provide administrative support related to exhibitions and catalogs when needed, to the Department of Visual Learning
- Define responsibilities and supervise library interns and volunteer personnel
- Assist with recommending library acquisitions
- Track visitor attendance and assist with the planning and setting of goals and objectives for the library.
- Assist with stewarding relationships with donors and patrons
- Other duties as assigned
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, flexibility, and enthusiasm are required. The candidate must be able to work with and be comfortable engaging with a wide range of audiences, knowledge, experience, and abilities.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution preferred
- Knowledge of the MARC format, AACR2 cataloging rules, and Library of Congress classification system
- Computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Keen ability to plan, organize and develop a library collection
- Excellent research and searching skills, and ability to utilize electronic databases and resources
- Academic background in art history or history of photography preferred
- Flexible schedule, ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
|☒ Sitting||☒ Grasping|
|☒ Walking||☒ Traveling|
|☒ Bending/stooping||☒ Kneeling|
|☒ Reaching outward||☒ Pushing/pulling|
|☒ Squatting/crouching||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Manual dexterity||Max amount 60 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Crawling||☒ Lifting|
|☐ Balancing||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Standing||Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Driving||☒ Carrying|
|☐ Climbing||Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)|
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Noble@mopa.org. In the subject line of the email please state your name and the title of the job you are applying for.
Please do not call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
MOPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.