Retail Store Assistant
Status: PART-TIME, hourly, non-exempt
Museum Retail Assistant
Hours: Flexible, must include at least 1 weekend day
Reports to: Store Coordinator
The Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) seeks a professional and energetic sales associate and with strong customer service skills to support the MOPA Store.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement an outstanding guest approach to all visitors to ensure a positive experience, including greeting each person as they enter and thanking each visitor as they leave, making eye contact, assisting visitors with inquiries, issues, etc.
- Operate POS system, handles money, and communicates effectively with visitors.
- Handle cash responsibly with accuracy according to opening /closing procedures
- Checking inventory and supply levels and provide general housekeeping, maintain store throughout the day
- Assist Store Coordinator with daily assessment of Store visitors
- In the instance when no senior staff is scheduled, oversee operations of the store.
- Regularly communicate any issues directly to Store Coordinator
- Administrative duties including complete relevant vendor/consignment forms, filing and reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product, current museum exhibits, store merchandise and museum layout.
- Maintain online inventory/knowledge of Shopifiy
- Strive to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly store sales goals
- When needed:
- Oversee daily balancing of the registers at opening and close and enter change orders online.
- Restock merchandise when needed
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of products
- Sell memberships when relevant.
- Maintain the Store with regular cleaning, stocking inventory, straightening shelves and regular counts of the inventory.
- Maintain a high level of awareness with regard to safety regulations and procedures, museum rules and behavior policies and communicate these when needed to guests.
- Participate in training sessions about current exhibitions in order to be informed and have the ability to interact with visitors in a knowledgeable manner.
- Learn about other programs and events on the Museum schedule to be prepared to assist visitor inquiries and sell those programs to visitors.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Must have high level of comfortable engaging visitors in conversation.
- Demonstrated experience with excellent customer service.
- Must be able to operate a computerized point-of-sale system (POS)
- Must be able to stand between 3-4 hours consecutively
- Excellent verbal, writing and computer skills
- Flexibility and enthusiasm
|Reaching outward||Pushing/pulling:Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|Squatting/crouching||Max amount 25 lbs (estimate)|
|Balancing||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|Standing||Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)|
|Climbing||Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)|
|Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)|
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
MOPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.