Marketing Communications Assistant
Status: FULL-TIME, hourly, non-exempt
$14 – $16 per hour
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Application procedure: Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
This position is part of the Operations Department, reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager at the Museum of Photographic Arts. The ideal candidate is energetic, self-motivated, tech-savvy and a team player; and must be available to work nights and weekends at both internal and external MOPA events. Qualified candidates will demonstrate creative, technical and organizational skills that consistently exceed the expectations of our team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Social Media Management:
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in creating the content strategy for social media channels
- Coordinate with team members and outside organizations to develop unique content for social media channels
- Manage MOPA’s channels by scheduling posts and following the social media guide and content strategy
- Promptly respond to comments and inquiries on social channels
- Monitor and provide weekly reports on metrics and KPIs as defined by the Marketing & Communications Manager
- Coordinate with photographers and media at MOPA events
- Coordinate with team members and outside partners to promote and document MOPA events
- Coordinate with departments across the museum to support the museum’s marketing and communications needs.
- Organize and coordinate booths at outside events with the assistance of volunteers
- Champion the organization’s brand identity in all projects by assuring brand standards are met
- Draft and edit museum communications (i.e. press releases, collateral, newsletters etc.)
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager in responding to press inquiries and planning press events
- Coordinate with vendors on design and print projects and assure high standards are met
- Create and edit minor design projects as needed
- Update museum profiles & listings on external websites
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in creating and executing effective marketing campaigns
- Assist with any and other tasks as needed by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop meaningful marketing strategies and programs to drive awareness, consideration, traffic and sales to our store and ecommerce site
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in coordinating with the MOPA Shop to implement sales strategies and identify areas for growth.
- Develop and execute retail-specific campaigns on a monthly and seasonal basis
- 1-3 years of marketing and communications experience
- Experience with the professional use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience using email-marketing systems (i.e. MailChimp, ConstantContact, etc.)
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and complete multiple projects.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desired
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
- Display ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and changing task priorities.
- Show strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including effective interpersonal communication (i.e. Active listening.)
- Retail marketing experience desired
|Squatting/crouching||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|Manual dexterity||Max amount 60lbs (estimate)|
|Balancing||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|Standing||Max amount 40lbs (estimate)|
|Climbing||Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)|
|Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20lbs (estimate)|