Membership & Database Assistant (NON-EXEMPT HOURLY)
The Membership & Database Assistant (MDA) is responsible for supporting the Membership Program (general, collecting groups and corporate) for MOPA. Responsibilities include processing of membership and outright donation processing, acknowledgment and reporting; membership communications and volunteer program support. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations (DoDO), the MDA will help set direction for growth, acquisition, retention and increased engagement of the membership program resulting in fulfilling department and museum goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Program (50%)
Assist DoDO with identifying and reaching projected annual membership income and monitor expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual development plan for marketing membership program to grow membership revenue.
- Track and implement the annual membership program (general, collecting and corporate).
- Monitor and update membership plan to reach annual membership goal including strategies for increasing new/return members; and attracting lapsed members.
- Identify, design and implement annual member campaigns (new/return) by coordinating around each fiscal cycle.
- Process and track monthly membership renewals on a timely basis.
- Create and execute quarterly lapsed (and super-lapsed) member campaigns.
Data Entry & Processing, membership and donations (35%)
Oversee donor database as it relates to patrons (members and donors).
- Enter membership and outright donations in Donor Perfect as needed.
- Process weekly batch reports, and monthly renewal and new member/donor reports and distribute to DoDO.
- Support accurate reporting of membership and outright gifts including membership applications, income reports, check deposits and credit cards, mailing lists.
- Ensure data integrity to confidently run reports, provide lists, add new contacts, or delete old records.
- Coordinate efforts with DoDO to determine best practices for member/donor issues and data entry issues.
Stewardship & Communications (10%)
Support the needs of members through excellent stewardship and timely responses to their needs.
- Provide excellent stewardship and support to MOPA’s membership, including dealing with member’s issues, answering questions, providing information, taking RSVP’s, issue replacement cards, change of addresses, and infusing membership advocacy into the museum’s internal staff team.
- Coordinate membership fulfillment packages and thank you/welcome letters within 14 days of receiving gift. Ensure that members are receiving the appropriate benefits (such as discounts, newsletters, incentives, etc).
- Renew, refresh and solicit member benefits from MOPA’s community partners, i.e. discount codes, coupons or other offerings.
- Identify and implement membership cultivation opportunities for increasing new, renewing and lapsed members.
- Provide membership updates or presentations when necessary to Directors Group, Board or other.
- Draft and forward content for Members Only eNewsletter, Members Only FBgroup and member-related social media to the team’s Events & Communications Coordinator.
- Keep membership materials for acquisition and fulfillment current and refreshed.
- When applicable, design or update “gifted membership packages;” these are typically designed for higher-end partners, trustees or sponsors.
- Work in collaboration with Visitor Engagement Team and the MOPA Store to implement membership cultivation and retention programs, including administering member surveys, on-site membership sales and special offers.
5% Volunteer Program
- Solicit appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organization from each department.
- Supervise Development Volunteers during scheduled activities (internal and external).
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment, publicity strategies and campaigns; and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Raise staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
- Monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers and their work.
- Celebrate volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organizing celebration events.
- Organize profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer database and personal records, and undertake any other related duties.
Other duties as determined by Director of Development Operations.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position subject to being paid overtime. The starting hourly rate range is $14 – $16/hour.
The position requires a highly detailed orientated professional with one- three years of experience with membership or similarly related function. Excellent data management skills (DonorPerfect is a plus), problem solving skills, must work effectively in a team environment and with volunteers and interns of all ages and abilities. Computer literacy and expertise in database software and Microsoft Office suite are preferred.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
Must be available to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
|Reaching outward||Pushing/pulling: Usual amount 15-25 lbs (estimate)|
|Squatting/crouching||Lifting Usual amount 15 – 40lbs (estimate)|
|Reaching Above Shoulder||Standing|
|Driving||Carrying: Usual amount 10-20 lbs (estimate)|
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. MOPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application procedure: Email resume, cover letter and list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org