Status: Full-time, non-exempt.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Development Director
Note: this position is expected to start remotely pending changes in San Diego County COVID regulations
The Museum of Photographic Arts is seeking an experienced Database Coordinator. Part of the Development Department, The Database Coordinator is responsible for the recording and acknowledgment of MOPA’s donor data and donations using the DonorPerfect software package. This position also works closely with the Finance team. Primarily, they ensure efficiency and timeliness in processing donor information and donations using best practice techniques to maintain data integrity. This position plays a key role in maintaining donor communication and satisfaction through timely donor acknowledgment. The ideal candidate will have a background in fundraising.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain donor relationship management database (DonorPerfect), including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries.
- Optimize database for fundraising mailing efforts; including merging, proofing, and preparing donor acknowledgments
- Establish standard operating procedures for data entry reporting, ongoing data clean-up projects, and other necessary tasks to ensure the integrity of the database
- Process incoming gifts and ensure that contributions are accurately recorded and thanked promptly.
- Conducts system tuning, performance monitoring, and database maintenance.
- Design and implement database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports, and lists
- Create mailing lists
- Troubleshoot problems, improve overall processes, and ensure deadlines are met even during periods of heavy gift volume.
- Produce campaign reports and establish new fundraising reports and adapt ongoing reports to track giving levels, renewal rates, pledge collection deadlines, recurring gifts, and other data for ongoing and campaign donors.
- Communicate with the Visitor Engagement Team about member tracking, special initiatives, and protocols for VIP visitors as appropriate.
- Directly respond to donor inquiries and concerns via phone, email, or letter, including problems with checks, credit cards, EFT, and stock gifts.
- Assist Finance with the execution of regular reconciliations of DonorPerfect with general ledger.
- Ability to identify key donor trends within the database (increasing donations, lapsing donors, donor retention, etc.)
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all membership and donor information
- Support the creation of processes and procedures to ensure efficiencies in data entry, maintenance, and reporting cross-departmentally
- As workflow and time allow, assist Development Department with special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in DonorPerfect or similar fundraising database CRM software
- Data analytics skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite & GSuite
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills in working with colleagues from across the organization and cross-departmentally
- General knowledge of relationship management and nonprofit fundraising best practices
- Strong organizational, administrative, telephone, and communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy of reports.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and complete and report on assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and diplomacy
- Weekends and some evenings may be required for special events.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty and employee is expected to perform. MOPA is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible (IDEA) workplace. As an organization, we seek to carry out hiring practices that meet these standards. (EOE/AA)
|☒ Sitting||☒ Grasping|
|☒ Walking(periods of 3 hours at a time||☐ Traveling|
|☒ Bending/stooping||☒ Kneeling|
|☒ Reaching outward||☒ Pushing/pulling|
|☒ Squatting/crouching||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Manual dexterity||Max amount 60 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Crawling||☒ Lifting|
|☒ Balancing||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Standing||Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Driving||☒ Carrying|
|☐ Climbing||Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)|
Please e-mail resume along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position to: Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference “Database Coordinator” in the subject line. Please no telephone calls. No Recruiters. Incomplete applications will not be considered.