Part time Event Technician/Projectionist
Hours: On-call hours based on event reservations with no guarantee of hours, calendar for anticipated hours created monthly
Compensation: Starting at $18/hour, hourly range increases based on years of relevant experience
Reports to: Senior Manager of Events and Community Partnerships
MOPA seeks a part-time Event Technician/Projectionist to execute audio/visual tasks for special events at the Museum of Photographic Arts. Scope of events may include but are not limited to lectures, film screenings, wedding ceremonies, panel discussions, live theater performances, exhibition openings and award ceremonies. Must be detail oriented, organized and punctual.
Position will be responsible for executing technical elements of the event and communicating with clients and the event team. Position must have the ability to work well with the general public and possess the ability to make critical decisions under pressure.
- A/V experience utilizing both sound and video reinforcement, i.e, film projection, theater events, or additional live performances.
- A keen sense of awareness of timing and cues in live event production.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to utilize DVD, BluRay and Media Players with projection and video displays.
- Knowledge of Digital Cinema Package format and Christie Solaria One Digital Cinema Projection System; including ingesting and playlist creation of DCP
- Exhibit proficient knowledge of computers; set up and facilitation of PowerPoint and Keynote type, presentations in both fixed and temporary installations;
- Familiar with mixboards, sound reinforcements and wireless mic systems. Responsible for setting up and operating audio and public address systems for various events as directed;
- Ability to operate under pressure, in a fast-paced environment utilizing a range of equipment and media;
- Responsible for communicating with client and serving as the primary A/V contact during events;
- The ability to serve as the house A/V technician performing tasks such as: communicating with the booth A/V technician, interfacing with the client in the theater, calling the show or directing cues, lavaliere changes, and general house management
- Experience as A/V tech, sound reinforcement, and theatrical projection
- Must be punctual, position does not tolerate tardiness due to nature of productions
- A basic understanding of stage or theatrical lighting
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems relating to A/V output
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally communicate with clients, staff and vendors, as position is often be required to do so
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in situations when client may provide last minute changes to media or run of show
- May be required to perform light event staff/housekeeping duties including but not limited to setting up event tables, chairs and vacuuming theater
- Be organized and detail oriented
- 16 and 35mm film projection experience a plus but not required (dual projector system)
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty an employee is expected to perform. MOPA is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible (IDEA) workplace. As an organization, we seek to carry out hiring practices that meet these standards. (EOE/AA)
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and 3 references to Melissa Pfeiffer, Senior Manager of Events and Community Partnerships at email@example.com with “Technician” in the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE Physical Requirements:
|☒ Repetitive Stair climbing
☒ Pushing/pulling 15-60lbs estimated
|☒Lifting 20-40 lbs estimated
☒ Reaching outward