Senior Manager of Development
Responsible for the overall day to day management of MOPA’s development team as well as oversight of all grant writing and budgeting. Reports to Executive Director/Chief Curator who has final oversight over the Development Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, write and oversee all grant proposals by persuasively communicating MOPA’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Oversee and supervise the assembly and submission of grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Consult with other departments to determine fundability of current and/or new programs; help advise how the programs may attract funders; determine if funding for current programs is feasible then advise.
- Host Grants meetings to introduce, plan, strategize and summarize next step(s) with the Directors Group; provide guidance to help make concise decisions about upcoming funding opportunities and programs.
- Collaborate with Deputy Director and Development Team to identify projected annual income and expenses; including periodic updates and formal reports.
- Oversee all aspects of the grant cycle from pre-award to post-award.
- Manage grant portfolio to establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation representatives and program officers.
- Maintaining eCalendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports (manage the grant’s eFolder for senior management access); including schedule deadlines on non-development staff person’s calendars, etc.
- Oversee prospect research using online and other resources; including compilation and sharing of information with Directors Group and advise on best way to approach.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, and manage supplemental material required for proposals for any staff members involved.
- Manage periodic meetings with appropriate staff to obtain statistics, anecdotes, , program/exhibition information and other materials to create compelling packages for funder solicitations and grant reports.
- Oversee prompt acknowledgement of foundation, government and corporate grants; Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements as needed.
- Assist with donor cultivations events (i.e. exhibition openings, donor dinners, salons, patron tours, etc.)
- Represent the Museum at grant sessions, community events and conferences as appropriate.
- Oversee Development team members’ professional growth and opportunities, schedules, time clock approvals and time off requ
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
In-depth understanding of current philanthropic and public relations interests of government, corporations or foundations, acquired through regular contact with those organizations
- Experience with development and maintenance of donor relations programs necessary to keep the institution name and achievements alive in the minds of donor/prospect leadership
- Ability to analyze concepts, methods and costs of research, exhibition, education and other projects
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to organize fundraising activities effectively, prioritize prospects, and participate in high-level gift discussions
- Goal orientation with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission and goals of the Institution
- Ability to effectively plan, focus, and execute to bring improvement to current ways of doing business
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, volunteers and donors
- Strong leadership, delegation, and teaming skills
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Willingness to try new approaches and take appropriate risks
- Personal energy and enthusiasm and the ability to energize and motivate others
- Focus on teamwork and customer service
• BA degree; 6+ years non-profit experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Intermediate + proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Please send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.