Temporary Exhibition Preparator
Assist with museum-quality art handling related to installation and de-installation of exhibitions. This includes art handling; displaying fine art objects; patching and painting walls; the fabrication of exhibition components; and implementing display designs.
- Move artwork (big/small/heavy/light) and crates, assist with art packing/unpacking.
- Install artwork on gallery walls.
- Clean and prepare gallery spaces, climb ladders, paint, assist with lighting and graphics.
- Assist in construction of display elements and crates; may include working with woodshop equipment, solvents, hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Other functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of one year of museum or gallery experience preferred.
- Experience hanging art with various hanging systems.
- Ability to follow direction and work closely with a team.
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment associated with electrical, woodworking, general/minor construction.
- Ability to carry out physical maneuvers which include lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work on ladders: 15-20+ feet.
- Prior experience working with paint, paint fumes and chemical fumes associated with common industrial supplies.
- Previous experience required in light construction for the fabrication of display elements and crates, and a safe working knowledge of woodshop equipment, solvents, and hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Knowledge of vinyl installation is a plus.
Installation work is seasonal. Dates for MOPA’s upcoming installation is below:
March, 28 – April 9, 2021
May 16 – May 21, 2021
Hours may vary and do include some evening and weekends.
Hourly Rate: $15-$17
There is a possibility for some additional shifts throughout the year, as needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and three references
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
MOPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA.