Temporary Exhibition Preparator/Art Installer
Assist with museum-quality art handling related to installation and de-installation of exhibitions. This includes art handling; displaying fine art objects; patching and painting walls; the fabrication of exhibition components; and implementing display designs.
- Move artwork (big/small/heavy/light) and crates, assist with art packing/unpacking.
- Install artwork on gallery walls.
- Clean and prepare gallery spaces, climb ladders, paint, assist with lighting and graphics.
- Assist in construction of display elements and crates; may include working with woodshop equipment, solvents, hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Other functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of one year of museum or gallery experience preferred.
- Experience hanging art with various hanging systems.
- Ability to follow direction and work closely with a team.
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment associated with electrical, woodworking, general/minor construction.
- Ability to carry out physical maneuvers which include lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work on ladders: 15-20+ feet.
- Prior experience working with paint, paint fumes and chemical fumes associated with common industrial supplies.
- Previous experience required in light construction for the fabrication of display elements and crates, and a safe working knowledge of woodshop equipment, solvents, and hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Knowledge of vinyl installation is a plus.
Installation work is seasonal.
Hours may vary and do include some evening and weekends.
Hourly Rate: $16+
There is a possibility for some additional shifts throughout the year, as needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and three references
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty and employee is expected to perform. MOPA is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible (IDEA) workplace. As an organization, we seek to carry out hiring practices that meet these standards. (EOE/AA)
|☒ Sitting||☒ Grasping|
|☒ Walking(periods of 3 hours at a time||☐ Traveling|
|☒ Bending/stooping||☒ Kneeling|
|☒ Reaching outward||☒ Pushing/pulling|
|☒ Squatting/crouching||Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Manual dexterity||Max amount 60 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Crawling||☒ Lifting|
|☒ Balancing||Usual amount 20lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Standing||Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)|
|☐ Driving||☒ Carrying|
|☐ Climbing||Usual amount 10lbs (estimate)|
|☒ Reaching Above Shoulder||Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)|